Morello is one of the world’s leading companies in the production of trolleys for transporting steel scrap baskets with state-of-the-art lithium battery-powered electric motors.
Morello’s self-propelled battery electric trolleys enable the movement of steel scraps within steel mills using reliable and efficient clean energy, eliminating pollution caused by diesel engines.
Most steel mills operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Steel mills typically accumulate metal scraps in one or more main yards, and around the clock, 7 days a week, the scraps are transferred to the furnace. The process generally requires the use of cranes that load the scraps into massive containers, capable of holding up to 300 tons of metal scraps, which are then transferred to the furnace, where another crane empties the scrap container into the furnace.
In most cases, the transfer of scraps from the yard to the furnace is done using diesel-powered self-propelled trolleys because the scrap yards can be large, the distances long, and the work cycle intense and continuous.
Today, factories are focusing on decarbonizing their facilities, and diesel vehicles are a source of pollution that can be easily eliminated with more efficient solutions. Steel mills looking to reduce the pollution from combustion engines and adopt more sustainable solutions can now opt for a sustainable energy solution.
Morello was among the first companies in the world to produce state-of-the-art lithium battery-powered electric scrap basket transport trolleys.
Morello’s battery-powered scrap transport trolleys offer the following advantages:
- Zero pollution, thanks to electric motors and lithium batteries.
- They can operate 24/7, 365 days a year, thanks to lithium battery technology, fast automatic charging, and charge management software.
- They require no maintenance: brushless electric motors almost completely eliminate the technical maintenance required by hydraulic motors.
- Furthermore, to ensure optimal performance, the scrap basket transport trolleys for steel mills are:
- Equipped with weighing systems
- Fully automated and integrable into the steel mill’s operational software via Wi-Fi
- Customizable to meet the specific needs of steel mills (PLC brand, sensor types, etc.)
- Perfect for operations both inside and outside the steel mill.