AGV – Automated guided carts
CAPACITY: 0 – 1000 TONS
Morello designs and manufactures customized AGV carts (Automated Guided Vehicle) or automated guided carts according to specific needs in a complete range of industrial sectors. One of Morello key expertise in automated material handling is design and manufacturing of high-capacity AGV carts from 2 up to over 1,000 tons.
An AGV is a vehicle on wheels, used for automated material handling in industry, which can travel completely autonomously, or without the control of an operator, and without physical guidance, such as rails.
ADVANTAGES OF AGV CARTS
- Reduction of labor costs
- Increased safety
- Increased accuracy and productivity
- Reduction of damage to products and work environment
- Possibility of working in dangerous or hostile environments for humans (e.g. explosive environments)
Morello can offer a variety of navigation technologies. The choice of the technology to be used (or a mix of multiple technologies) is made together with the customer, according to his needs, technical requirements and budget. Below are the technologies that Morello can implement in the sector of AGV automated guided carts.
Morello has developed its own proprietary software, in order to guarantee maximum flexibility in customizing the geometry of an automated guided cart, in the paths to follow and in the automation logics that are part of the customer’s production process. We can therefore offer omnidirectional automated guided carts, AGV carts with multiple simultaneous navigation technologies, AGV automated guided carts that interface with all types of WMS and other higher logic systems, automated guided carts that interface with automated warehouses and other automatic machines, EX high capacity AGV, etc…
- Capacity: from 2 up to over 1,000 tons
- Steering: standard and omnidirectional (90°, diagonal/crab, carousel/360°,…)
- Power supply: battery (induction or featuring diesel generator upon request)
- Traction motors: AC
- Steering motors: AC
- Type of wheels: rubber or polyurethane
- Dimensions: upon request
- Speed: upon request (from 0.5 mph to over 1.8 mph)
- Lifting stroke: on request (from 2”)
- Battery autonomy: on request (from 1 mile to over 10 miles)
- Control: onboard touch panel, notebook at each station, fixed pulpits, WMS,....
- Gradient to climb: on request
- Work environment: both indoor and outdoor
- ATEX conformance: on request (Zone 2, dust and gas)