AGV – Automated guided carts
CAPACITY: 0 – 1000 TONS
Morello designs and manufactures customized AGV carts or automated guided carts according to specific needs in a complete range of industrial sectors. Design and manufacturing of high-capacity AGV carts from 2 up to over 1,000 tons is one of Morello key expertise in automated material handling for heavy industries.
An AGV (Automated Guided Vehicle) is a vehicle on wheels used for completely autonomous transportation systems in mostly industrial sector dealing with heavy materials: modern AGV in material handling is used without operator control or physical guidance, such as rails. Morello solutions with heavy-duty AGVs enhance high-load onsite transportation requiring tailor-made, flexible and effective solutions.
ADVANTAGES OF AGV CARTS
- Reduction of labor costs
- Increased safety
- Increased accuracy and productivity
- Reduction of damage to products and work environment
- Possibility of working in dangerous or hostile environments for humans (e.g. explosive environments)
Morello can offer a variety of navigation technologies integrated in AGV trolley. The choice of the technology or a mix of multiple technologies is agreed with the customer, according to his needs, technical requirements and budget. Below are the technologies that Morello can implement in the sector of automated guided carts.
Morello developed its own proprietary software to guarantee maximum flexibility in customizing the geometry of AGV cart, in the paths to follow and in the automation logics that are part of the customer’s production process. We can therefore offer omnidirectional automated guided carts, AGV carts with multiple simultaneous navigation technologies, AGV automated guided carts that interface with all types of WMS and other higher logic systems, equipment for automated material handling in warehouses and other automatic machines, EX high capacity AGV and more.
- Capacity: from 2 up to over 1,000 tons
- Steering: standard and omnidirectional (90°, diagonal/crab, carousel/360° and more)
- Power supply: battery (induction or featuring diesel generator upon request)
- Traction motors: AC
- Steering motors: AC
- Type of wheels: rubber or polyurethane
- Dimensions: upon request
- Speed: upon request (from 0.5 mph to over 1.8 mph)
- Lifting stroke: on request (from 2”)
- Battery autonomy: on request (from 1 mile to over 10 miles)
- Control: onboard touch panel, notebook at each station, fixed pulpits, WMS and more
- Gradient to climb: on request
- Work environment: both indoor and outdoor
- ATEX conformance: on request (Zone 2, dust and gas)