Explosion proof trolleys
Trolleys for explosive environments
CAPACITY: 0 – 1000 TONS
Morello designs and produces EX transporters and explosion proof trailers for the Oil & Gas sector, the chemical sector, the mining sector, paint booths and all those areas where explosion-proof equipment is needed to avoid any risk of explosion.
On offshore platforms and on ships that take on and store oil, as well as in onshore plants, maintenance always requires the handling of large loads. Large engines, heat exchangers and other heavy machinery must be moved, often in places out of reach of a crane.
Our explosion proof trailers and EX trucks are designed and customized specifically for these environments that are hazardous and also particularly demanding from an environmental point of view.
Spaces for handling are always extremely limited on offshore platforms and ships. Perfectly suiting this field of application, mobile EX truck is supplied with omnidirectional steering: carousel (rotation around its center), lateral movements (90°), diagonal movements and more steering modes.
Each EX-rated trolley is equipped with explosion-proof components, certified according to the area in which they are to operate (Class 1 and 2, Division 1 and 2, Zone 1 and 2, gas and dust).
When necessary the EX-rated trolley is supplied with certifications from notified bodies.
SUITABLE TO HARSH ENVIRONMENT
Given the adverse conditions in which EX transporter must operate, it is practically waterproof with protection of the electrical components up to IP69. Morello explosion proof trailers are also equipped with stainless steel components and painted with certified and guaranteed painting cycles to withstand the most adverse environments.
Every platform, every ship and every warehouse have their own peculiarities that involve special needs.
The EX trucks and explosion proof trailers are fully customizable: dimensions, speed, gradient to climb, type of wheels, superstructures, safety devices and many other features can be defined according to the customer’s needs.
Morello takes great care in assisting the client in choosing the best solution.
Do you wanna know more? Look at some of our most recent products here: News
- Capacity: from 1 ton to over 1.000 ton
- Steering: standard or multidirectional (90°, diagonal/crab, carousel/360°…)
- Power supply: manual, battery, plant grid, diesel
- Drive motors: AC (if present)
- Steering motors: AC (if present)
- Type of wheels: rubber or polyurethane
- Dimensions: on request
- Travel speed: on request (from 0.5 mph to over 6 mph)
- Lifting stroke: on request (from 2”)
- Battery range: on request (from 1 mile to over 10 miles)
- Control: manual, pendant control station, radio control
- Gradient to climb: on request (from 2 % to over 10 %)
- Ex conformance: Class 1 and 2, Division 1 and 2, Zone 1 and 2, dust and gas